IR-MED is an Israeli medical device company specializing in infrared light-based diagnostics. IR-MED possesses unique knowhow on the interface between harmless infrared light radiation and human tissues. Infrared-human matter interphase, combined with big data and machine learning processing tools, enables the development of new diagnostic modalities.
IR-MED strong IP technology with pending patents, allows for the development of continuous, noninvasive, real time monitors for detection and measurements of different substances and pharmaceuticals in the blood, as well as fluid concentration on the surface and behind thin tissues for identification and characterization of different medical lesions and pathologic processes in humans.
IR-MED team of specialists includes engineers and key opinion leaders from Israeli industries, academia and medicine.
IR-MED current clinical applications include:
- Real time monitoring of Propofol and other drugs in the blood
- Inflammation load, edema, and pressure ulcer detection, classification and treatment monitoring
Future clinical Applications:
- Noninvasive detection of otitis media (ear infection behind the tympanic drum affecting babies and young children) and monitoring treatment
- Noninvasive diagnostic of dry eye syndrome and monitoring treatment
- Noninvasive detection and measurement of brain edema and monitoring treatment